Here is why I can say that. Our wedding had these events
- Hurricane hits Rivera Maya. Let's clarify a category 5 hurricane (the strongest ever recorded) hits honeymoon resort. And I didn't pay for travel insurance!
- Rachel finds that hairdresser is running late.
- I get call that limo is running late.
- Best man gets in small car accident on way to church ....WITH GROOM (thats me). I forgive him. It's only a scratch.
- My zipper. Did they forget to give me a working zipper on my tux pants???
- Call pastor..."can you postpone wedding by 30 minutes? The limo isn't here yet."
- "What do you mean the caterer didn't show up? Did you call him?"
- "The Caterer is in New Jersey visiting his mother and totally forgot."
- "How can a caterer forget?"
- Best man trying to redeem himself for slightly rear ending my Scion TC leaves nasty messages on Caterers home phone, cell phone, and work phone.
- Wedding begins 30 minutes late
- Caterer shows up 2 hours late with no food.
Our wedding was beautiful and we walked out to Frou Frou's Let Go. And that we did. I found out weeks later that my wedding was catered by a local upscale supermarket and not our caterer. Someone at the wedding put in an order for food similar to what we had originally ordered. Within 1 1/2 hours the supermarket provided food for 150 people. We still had the jumbo shrimp and the chicken. The caterer, an executive chef for a local drug company, quit his side catering business after this wedding. Our honeymoon got diverted to the Dominican Republic thanks to our wonderful AAA travel agent. And about a year later my Scion TC was hit by a driver who lost control of her Jeep Liberty causing $9,000 worth of damage and soon after it got fixed I traded it for a family car.
Don't sweat the small stuff at your wedding. Just laugh, let go and know that in 2 years it will make a great story.