- Don't show up sweaty. Cameras and sweat are a bad combo. Lite makeup goes a long way
- Don't show up in Khakis. Good for work. Bad for photos. They create a phonomenom called - crotch eye. My eye is drawn to your crotch because your pants are so bright.
- Don't show up drunk - buzzed is fine - drunk is bad. This goes without saying but I still had to say it. If you need to loosen up take a xanax or I can take you to a old city philadelphia bar for 2 shots (not 12!).
- Don't show up depressed. What a confidence killer for your mate! So don't listen to the Cure beforehand - as the Cure = Depression.
- Don't dress like a slob. Jeans are great but make sure you look in the mirror before you leave the house. If you have visible parasites or animals living in/on your body you may want to take a shower. The only person that gets to be a slob is the photographer.
- Don't show up thinking that the session won't be fun. I carry a taser for these kind of people. I shock them until they tell me they are having fun.
In case you want to read tips I wrote for having a good engagement session (5,500+ people did so far) check out the slideshow below. An anonymous reviewer without the balls to list his/her name said "Yeah, these tips suck. They are said with confidence, but they’re just utter nonsense."
PS. I will be posting some new tattooed couple's engagement photo sessions in the next week. So check back shortly! UPDATE: Here the tattooed engaged couple photos are.